Exiled Rebels Coalition Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exiled Rebels Coalition Board

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tips and strategy guide

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
geronimo25

geronimo25

Tips and strategy guide Empty
PostSubject: Tips and strategy guide   Tips and strategy guide EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 9:22 am

Ok guys, since we are going to be starting clan wars soon, I wanted to write up some observations that I've had in this game. As a former infantryman in the US Army, I thought it would be good to lend some thoughts. Some of this might be pretty basic to experienced gamers, but I thought it would be useful to at least open up the topic for discussion.

Basic Tips

1. KNOW YOUR TANK AND THE TANK YOU ARE FIGHTING. I can't emphasize this enough. For example, I drive American heavies. I know that I have a great gun but absolutely terrible armor. However, fighting against russian tanks, I know that their reload time is generally terrible. So, if I know i'm facing an IS4 or IS7, if they have just shot, I will round the corner, fire one off and then actually wait to get the second shot in because I know my reload time is faster. Also, I know that my hull armor is weak so I try to stay hull down. Know your enemy's weak spots (if they have any) and have a plan on how to fight them.

2. SITUATIONAL AWARENESS. Don't get tunnel visioned on the enemy in front of you. There are many examples of this and I'll try to run through a few that I think are important.

When you are playing peek-a-boo around a corner, understand when you play defensively and when you attack. If you are outnumbered, or when the tank has better frontal armor, back off a bit and be patient. Make the enemy come and show you a side shot. Don't constantly give him one. If you outnumber him, you and your buddies need to go on the attack, surround him and destroy him. My general rule of thumb is 3 to 1. If you outnumber you opponent on any particular engagement, attack and destroy.

Know when your base is under attack by superior forces and don't be afraid to disengage and go back to base. Don't be afraid to break off a fight and retreat. Communicate with you teammates on who will go back so you don't leave your mates in a bind.

Know where you can be hit by arty if you are stationary!! That's self-explanatory. If you are engaged with an enemy where you can be hit by arty, fire and move. After you fire, move backwards or forwards. You may still get hit by arty, but at least you might throw off their aim and buy yourself a couple of extra seconds.

Map Guides

Karelia - I've never thought that the hill was major advantage. When attacking, you still have to show your side armor. On the other side, a lot of times, it's a big stalemate unless one side rushes because of the lack of cover. The way this map is played on random battles, a lot of times, it's a crap shoot. My proposal would be the 2 Mauses on the hill side playing defensively with arty support and TD's defending the other. The rest will wait for 2 mins, and move to counter a rush on either side. If after 2 to 3 mins, there is no enemy rush, they push right up the middle and hit the main enemy force from behind.

Going to sleep now, will post my thoughts on the rest of the maps tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Neil
Admin
Admin
Neil

PostSubject: Re: Tips and strategy guide   Tips and strategy guide EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 11:58 am

nice explanation there mate ,well done !!
Back to top Go down
https://exiledrebels.forumotion.co.uk
Xerron

Xerron

PostSubject: Re: Tips and strategy guide   Tips and strategy guide EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 7:32 pm

Nice guidance! I'm sure it will be more that useful. Very Happy

I also go on USA Heavys, and I discovered something. Our turret has the highest armor, I go head on if his alone and take him face to face, he wont have any space where to shoot but my turret and most of the time it bounces Laughing

I took head on a T34 with my T29, he was shooting my turret and always bounces, I was shooting his sides under the turret and almost had him if a Tiger 2 wouldn't of showed up, I left that guy with 4% Mad
Back to top Go down
sonido

sonido

PostSubject: Re: Tips and strategy guide   Tips and strategy guide EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 11:06 pm

thanks mate for great description Smile I hope it'll be helpful Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.djmysz.pl
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips and strategy guide   Tips and strategy guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Tips and strategy guide
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Exiled Rebels Coalition Board :: Clan Wars-
Jump to: